27 October 2005

Laugh or Cry, so hard to choose

My initial reaction this morning when I read that Harriet Miers withdrew her nomination (I kid you not, I read it on CNN.com while sitting on the toilet--love my Treo!) was to laugh out loud (again, awkward since I was in the shitter). I mean, the whole thing has been such a farce, nominating someone totally unqualified. And it was fun to see the Christian right turn on Dumb-Dumb and I was even entertained by Trent Lott calling her a rube. But when I thought about it today, I realized while it's still a bit funny, the unfortunate part is that now he'll probably nominate someone who really is going to get confirmed, and who's really conservative and set to overturn Roe v Wade and appease the jesus-freaks. And unless the Dems really nut up and filibuster it, we'll be stuck with this person for 20-30 years. So it's really not so great.

Okay, I mainly started this post because I hadn't posted in a week. But I find myself extremely distracted by I Love the 80s 3D (we're on 1987 right now). I'm sorry, even after 3 times around, and the formula is totally obvious, but I just can't get enough of it. So really, I need to just stop now and enjoy the rest of this show and the Daily Show and acknowledge that until something really happens to piss me off, this blog is just going to suck.

1 Comments:

At 28 October, 2005 19:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing out loud while in the crapper is the best place to be.
Like Superman and the phone booth.
Good bye Ms. Meirs!!! She was nothing but a pawn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home