06 September 2005

Tuesday's Douchebag

Now I'm not an ageist. I don't hate old people. I don't even hate old rich people. And I certainly try to give kindly-looking old ladies the benefit of the doubt when they say things I don't agree with, you know, they're just of a different generation. But I can safely say this with no fear of regret--I HATE BARBARA BUSH!

She has earned a spot in the Hall of Douchebags with a relatively brief, simple comment. The full text is here, but the most unbelievable line is:
What I'm hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.


In case you couldn't read through the racism and classism, she's talking about the evacuees huddled in the Astrodome, sleeping on cots, thinking about the hellish week they spent waiting to get the hell out of New Orleans, thinking about the fact that everything they had and knew is gone.

And that fugly bitch has the nerve to make a comment like that and chuckle. Good Lord. I almost didn't believe it--I mean, you hear something like that on the Daily Show, I half expected it to be out of context. But you know, I've learned, I can count on my friends under Jon Stewart's reliable leadership to always give me the real news, albeit filtered through the laughter we all need. Sure enough, dozens of news sites have this awful quote out there.

And as I blogged this and thought I had heard the ultimate for the day, I see her jackass son stand there and say "Brownie, you're doing a hell of a job" to that dickhead FEMA director Mike Brown, who couldn't possibly have bungled this worse. Guess shit really does run downhill, even in the gene pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home