05 September 2005

Definitely Labor Day

Just a quick post for two reasons--I'm still hopeful that posting regularly keeps the blog visible, and also to live up to Anika's accusation that I blog a lot. Seems like once a day is the least I can do.

Spent most of the day working on the house and yard--finally finished the new patio door, trim and all, and continued building the stone paths in the back garden. Definitely missed the concept of Labor Day as a day of rest, but I suppose sleeping till noon the last three days covered my requisite rest. I'm bummed it's a school night now--I was just getting used to being able to stay up past midnight and sleep till I couldn't stay in bed any longer. Have to actually use some of those 38 vacation days I have saved up and give myself some more three-day weekends.

Can't wait for the Daily Show to be back tomorrow night (they damn well better be!). Everything seems unbalanced when I don't have that outlet at 11 every night. Although I imagine it would be extremely hard to do a funny political show in light of last week's events--one time I don't envy them their job.

DW has signed us up to foster or adopt pets displaced by the hurricane, so we're waiting to hear about that. In the process, she ran across a 13-year-old beagle locally who needs a home, and applied for that, so she may get here first. Either way, looks like our family will grow again, which will be good. When Max died, we said we'd remain open to whomever needs a home and happened to cross our path.

Oh, and I think Bush moving Roberts to be Chief Justice is scary. I think he has more questionable views than has been let on (Roberts that is), and if confirmed, he could be Chief for at least 30 years, which basically puts the Court in a semi-permanent conservative state for a long time. Not a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home