13 October 2005

Hellooo

Bad blogger! Bad blogger! That's for me, a little self-flagellation. Can't believe I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. I guess I let myself drift off a bit. Had a nice extended home vacation, though I got a bit of cabin fever by the end. Going on the 7th straight day of rain tomorrow--ugh. The dogs do NOT like going out in this, and Lady is way overdue for a walk around the block, but there's just no way in hell I'm doing that again now that we actually have a fenced yard. Three years of trudging around the block in all kinds of weather, 3 times a day--that was enough.

I knew I wanted to post something today, and though I wasn't sure what, I kept coming up with (what I thought were) clever titles. Have to remember the rest so I can reuse them. Although what I chose may seem meaningless, it makes me chuckle--picture Trump saying "Helloooo" to the folks in the boardroom when he walks in. He doesn't do it as much anymore, think he realized it was funny.

Anyway, you would think I'd be more fired up what with the burning wreck the Republican Party has become these last few weeks. I mean, SO many great opportunities to jump on them. The bungling of Katrina (hate to capitalize on suffering, but you have to recognize the failures there), the increasingly obvious cronyism in the administration, Frist and Delay's legal problems, and then this laughable Harriet Miers nomination. And the fact that Dumb-Dumb's approval numbers are lower than ever. But none of it feels that good. I mean, the whole FEMA thing just meant more death and suffering. Hiring unqualified people is wrong and shameful, but no matter how much we talk about it, I doubt we'll really be able to stop him. It is funny and amusing that Frist and/or Delay may be nailed and dishonored, but I'm really not that worked up about what either of them did. I mean, so they cheated on financial stuff--BFD, everybody does that, even our guys. Nominating his "work wife" for the Supreme Court--again, very funny in a sick way, but unfortunately, there's still a good chance she'll get confirmed, and now we have some Christian nutcase on the Supreme Court. Ha fucking ha.

And the worst part is, even if Bush's approval rating keeps dropping, it's not going to mean anything--he's there for another 3 fucking years, and no matter how much we hate him, we can't get rid of him. I'm sure some people have fantasies of impeachment, but really, I think they're dug in well enough that they'll never let something like that happen. Besides, then we'd just have Cheney in charge, and boy is that scary.

So it's just sort of depressing to look at all those possibilities and go "eh". Guess the weather doesn't help. Since when is October supposed to be rain rain rain. What happened to my crisp autumn days? I'm going to be really pissed if for once I'm finally home for the entire month of October, and AGAIN, I miss the leaves turning.

And to top it all of, The Daily Show is in reruns this week. Can nobody cooperate just a little bit here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home