05 November 2008

WOOT!!!!!

I am very happy today. I could be happier--Al Franken is still down about 600 votes in Minnesota's Senate race and will probably go to a recount, and it was looking last night like Prop 8 was actually going to pass in California and ban gay marriage, which is absolutely ridiculous. So there is still work to do, but at least now we will have the right person in charge to start snapping the rest of America out of its ignorance.

I'm very pleased that Indiana went blue this year--I'm proud of you hicks out there. I'm happy that the electoral map looks a lot more mixed than it did in 2004. It's nice to see some blue intruding into those big Western states, and that swath of blue spanning from Maine to Minnesota is very nice.

I was very inspired and moved by Barack's speech last night, and can only imagine what it must be like for black people to see him there in that position. I think this moves our country forward in a quantum leap. It by no means fixes our past ills, and will probably expose some ugliness that has lain dormant for a while, but it certainly moves us closer to walking our talk.

Now on to an issue near and dear to my heart... Barack said that Sasha and Malia would be getting a puppy last night. I really really really hope that he and Michelle are smart enough to recognize that they need to adopt a dog from a shelter or rescue group and set an example for America that people need to stop paying for dogs and cats and start adopting the millions of pets in need of a home. If they do that, I will be overjoyed and officially in love with Barack.

1 Comments:

At 06 November, 2008 02:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told Linda that a total victory for me would be for Frankin to win in Minnesota. I don't know why but I have a feeling that victory will make clear the path to a brighter future.With Alaska voting a felon back into the Senate I think we can officially cut them off and shrink back down to 49 states. Just think what it would do for the budget. We don't need no stinkin' oil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home