04 September 2008

Pure Bliss

In these oft-frustrating days of Republican self-congratulation/masturbation, I look to my dear friends at The Daily Show to help me find the silver lining, the reason to keep laughing in the face of such detestable attitudes and ridiculous hypocrisy. Last night's show provided an epic, cathartic segment that one must see to believe. Watch and laugh with me.



Oh, and just now on Colbert, they pointed out that the RNC website promoted Fred Thompson's speech the other night as "The Courge and Service of John McCain". Few things make me as happy as smarmy people making typos. I guess proper spelling would be too "elite" for them.

FYI, arguing politics with your bosses is fun. I thoroughly enjoyed myself today and I feel like I stood my ground pretty well. I didn't change their minds, but I definitely made them realize there's more than their simple "wait till your taxes go up" aphorism to it. I think it actually just comes down to the fact that they're not ready to vote for a black dude yet.

1 Comments:

At 05 September, 2008 06:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a riot!
i don't know what i'd do without Jon & co.

love,
k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home