07 January 2006

Love a long weekend

The only thing better than realizing on Saturday night that I still have another "free" night is realizing on Friday night that I have two more. I cheated and gave myself another three-day weekend by taking Monday off. Why? Because I feel like it, and I literally have 291 vacation hours (that's over 7 weeks) saved up, and I want another day to sit around and do nearly nothing with the dogs. So between that, a bottle of Little Penguin Cabernet (not all me, the wife shared!), and watching Wedding Crashers on DVD, I feel pretty good tonight. Plus my cat is molesting me in a cute way, which always makes me feel warm and fuzzy (and itchy).

Speaking of Wedding Crashers--wicked funny. Vince Vaughan cracks me up. If you get IFC, look for episodes of Dinner for Five that he's on. He genuinely seems that funny in real life from that. Which makes the wife and I hpoe he and Jennifer really are together. Which is weird, because I had a dream this morning where I was really good friends with Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox Arquette (they seemed to actually be my friends Kerrie and Becah), and we were like trying to get Jennifer to tell us if she and Vince were really together.

Oh, one more point on Wedding Crashers--confessional time. I'm offically adding Rachel McAdams to my list--I'll even relaminate it for her (those of you who remember that Friends episode from Season 3 know what I mean). We saw The Family Stone last week, and I confessed to the wife afterwards that I found her (Rachel) incredibly attractive in it, and she concurred that she was quite striking. And she did not disappoint in Wedding Crashers. Funny thing is, I didn't really make much note of her in Mean Girls--she's one of those girls who's actually far more attractive as a brunette than a blonde. Anyway, my favorite part in Family Stone was the last scene, where it's a year later, because she's wearing pajamas and facing away from the camera, and lo and behold, she's got some junk in the trunk! I mean, some real badonkadonk (sp?). Anyway, she's a beautiful girl, and so far, quite engaging in the movies I've seen her in (great smile, great ass, what more can you ask for?).

While I'm recommending random media, go listen to the new Depeche Mode single Precious. It's rapidly grown on me over the last few weeks, especially since I heard that Dave Gahan (lead singer who rarely writes songs for them) wrote the lyrics for his kids during his recent divorce.
Read these lyrics. Any parent who's ever put their kids through a divorce should seriously be thinking this, if not letting it affect their decision. But don't get me started on that. Anyway, really good song, way to stay relevant and original after 25 years. I remember when I was stupid enough to call Depeche Mode "faggy" (you can be really unintentionally ignorant in junior high). But then I realized I actually liked the songs I was making fun of, and then Violator came out and Enjoy the Silence became one of my favorite songs ever, so there you go. Changing your mind is cool.

Anyway, that's all for now. Just felt like sharing the buzz while it's here and I'm still awake. And for the few who happen to actually still read this blog, thanks. K, if you happen to stop by, say hi--we all miss you here!

1 Comments:

At 10 January, 2006 19:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY-- who knew-- this comment box never worked for me before... Ahhh, I'm retarded [said in my best Tommy Boy manner]. Anyway-- I'm a "K" so I'm saying hi. I'm glad I live abroad so I don't have to see Georgie on TV all the time and develop a heart condition, but I do miss Jon Stewart, and movies theatres where I can sit where I want and without an intermission. Bastards. Will be sure to look out for Wedding Crashers and the others when they make it to my inbred island. Love, K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home