28 December 2005

End of the year... eh

Well, part of the reason I haven't posted on here for over a week is that I fired up another blog, all about Kerry Beagles. Gotta find Max's family. Another reason is that we slept most of the holiday weekend--as far as I was concerned, Christmas was basically just a long weekend, and that was just fine with me. No family drama, no obligations, no running around. Just sleep till noon, eat the wife's delicious stroganoff and cheesecake (not at the same time), play some Playstation, cuddle the dogs, and then back to bed! Finally got to see Elf and The 40-Year-Old Virgin on DVD (cute and hilarious, respectively).

But I'm pooped too. All that extra sleep over the weekend didn't help. We were out last night at the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Boston, and even though we left early and were home by 11:00, I didn't get to sleep till 12:30, which is just too damn late when I have to wake up at 6:30. So I spent all day trying to stay awake, and even though working out felt good, it didn't give me much of an energy boost. So I'll pass out early tonight since the god damn Daily Show is still on break.

It's been a tough year. There have been good moments, but Max's death overshadowed everything for us. It's just still so hard not having him with us. But we got to have Lady come join our family, and all the others are really flourishing and enjoying their home with us. And we did lots of great stuff to the house, which is really gratifying. I got to see my three favorite bands ever live in concert (U2, Foo Fighters and Oasis), which was totally amazing and reignited my love and appreciation of music and really made me realize that I love seeing good bands perform live. We had a really great trip to San Francisco in May. And I played golf over two dozen times, way more than any year before, and I'm starting to get good at it and am totally addicted now.

I'm looking forward to 2006. First of all, it's actually possible for me to finish all the big projects we have planned for the house. And my big surprise gift for the wife was tickets to see Luciano Pavarotti in concert outside London in July, so we're finally going to get to take our big trip to the UK. We're actually going to split a week between London and Dublin, since not visiting Ireland while we're that close would be just wrong. So I'll get to actually visit the Guinness brewery, which is hard to comprehend. And I plan to play golf every possible weekend once things thaw.

I'm suddenly bored by my own post. I need something to piss me off. Somebody in the government better do something soon, or this blog has the potential to really start to suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home